Mid-Summer Update

Hello, Summer.

What have I been up to, you ask?  Well, my major goal this summer is to reorganize the kid spaces in our house…the bedroom and ‘playroom’ which really is a landing at the top of the stairs that has no clear purpose.  It has toys in it now.  I did sell one bunk bed and buy another so the kid’s bedroom is now two twins, a crib and clothes.  It also has a new paint job.

My other big goal is to reorganize the other no-clear-purpose room in our house…right now it has all the toys I’m giving away from the upstairs redo.  It also has computers, files, books, a full-sized keyboard that no one knows how to play (yet).  I think this room’s future is as a study because we need a study these days.  My kids need a place to be online (as do I) and a place to read and practice that keyboard.

So that is what I’ve been doing this summer so far.  I’ve only finished one book:  The Stand by Stephen King.  At 1000 pages, it should count as more than one book.

So sure, there’s my summer.  I go back to work in 30 days.   I am hoping for more of these times, too, as I tame my house.

On the streets of Palmer, Alaska

I like summer.  I hope y’all are having a good one, too.

Post to Twitter